[c-nsp] 12.2(33)SXH - modular not reading DOM on XENPAK

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Mon Sep 10 02:07:33 EDT 2007

On (2007-09-09 16:40 -0500), mack wrote:

> Has anyone had problems with the modular version not
> reading DOM data on XENPAKs? We are doing a lab test
> in conjunction with another company and ran into this
> problem. 12.2(18)SFX10 reads the data.
> We are going to try the non-modular 12.2(33)SXH next.
>
> Anyone else having experience with 12.2(33)SXH might
> be helpful to the rest of us.  Ie. differences,
> missing features etc.

My bet is that they are not supported DOM optics,
check out 'show interfaces transceiver dom-supported-list'.

The whole silliness goes like this. First DOM commands
worked in CLI, if the optics responded. When SNMP MIB
support was added, it only worked for supported DOM
optics, creating annoying discrepancy that for some
optics you could get info fom CLI but not from SNMP.
Cisco solved this discrepancy by killing CLI also
to the unsupported optics.

I think there is bugID 'CSCsj88208' which will
should make unsupported optics viewable again.

--
  ++ytti