[c-nsp] Question about the CCNA and CCNP certification

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Mon Sep 10 04:51:39 EDT 2007

On Fri, September 7, 2007 10:18 pm, Brian Desmond wrote:
> If nothing else the CCNA cert will prepare you for how Cisco exams are
> laid out/run.

And the required mindset - you'll get to learn the cases where you need to
give the answer Cisco want to hear and not the answer any sane person
would use in the field.  Router sim questions that insist on you
configuring a /24 mask on a point-to-point serial link just make me want
to scream at the monitor :-P

That said, I'm sure you *will* find bits and pieces in there you either
didn't know, or didn't realise that was exactly how / why it worked.
Unless you have very lengthy and wide-ranging experience, there's always
*something* you've never really used in a day job.

Regards,
Tim.