[c-nsp] spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission

Richard Stern rstern at walmart.com
Mon Sep 10 13:38:31 EDT 2007

The command "spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission" is not documented
at all, yet it is referenced in numerous examples in the Cisco config
guides.

>From a posting several years ago, it was mentioned that it sends out
BPDUs at the interrupt level vs. the CPU.  Default is enabled, yet in
the examples (typically w/ Cat 29xx, 37xx) it is disabled.

Should we infer from this that smaller switches can't deal w/this?
Since this is a global command, does this infer that if I have a 6500
connected to other 6500s as well as smaller switches I need to disable
it?

Any insights are appreciated.

Can somebody at Cisco arrange to get this included in the docs?

Thanks,

Richard