[c-nsp] DC powering for 3845 router

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Sep 12 01:08:32 EDT 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Frank Bulk - iNAME wrote:

> I was hoping someone was going to say that Cisco has this bit of hidden
> documentation that it's just 13 A per 3845 for 48 VDC fed DC power
> supplies, whether you have one or two of them.  But no one has said so,
> so we need to budget 26 A.  =(

Well, a 12008 with a few (engine0 and 1) LCs in it actually draws like
600W which is fairly close to 13A, so personally I wouldn't be too
uncomfortable with 10A per powersupply for a router like the 3845, I'd be
surprised if it ever used more than 200-300W over time (even though I have
never actually tested it), ymmv.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se