[c-nsp] RSP720 Supported linecards

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Sep 12 05:54:12 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 21:28, Justin Shore wrote:

> In particular I want
> to confirm support for the...

Uncertain about the rest, but...

> ACE,...

We looked into this a couple of weeks back. It turns out the
ACE (well, at least the ACE20-MOD-K9) will only be
supported on the RSP720 when IOS Cobra (SRC) is released;
code expected out at the end of the year.

If you need the ACE to deploy now, the SUP720 is your
friend, else, you could hang in there.

There is indication that all current Layer 2/3 line cards
supported by the SUP720 are also supported by the RSP720.
However, the Advanced Integrated Service Modules will only
be supported on the RSP720 when SRC ships (might need to
check this with your local SE, the information is a couple
of weeks old and we were only really tracking the ACE
modules).

Mark.