[c-nsp] Troubling IPSec issues with a 6500

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Sep 12 15:00:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 11:21:34AM -0400, Aaron Daubman wrote:
> > As far as I understand the architecture, a basic 6500 won't do IPSEC...

Maybe this needs to be qualified: it will do it in software, but if the
hardware grabs the packet and sends it away before the software gets to
see it, no IPSEC...

> Your answer seems (unfortunately) logically sound...  how could I
> verify if this is definitely the issue?

There are some Cisco (and other) folks on this list that know the platform
much better than I do - but if they don't know either, you'll need to talk
to TAC...  (or try upgrading to SXF/SXH and see whether things will break
in different ways :-) ).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de