[c-nsp] Troubling IPSec issues with a 6500

Pete S. pshuleski at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:52:49 EDT 2007

I was under the impression that it was software-based unless you hard
the IPSEC SPA module.

I haven't heard of an issue like that though.  Although i have
experienced similar issues like wccp would not redirect unless i
enabled netflow on the interface.  I guess it kicked it into software
and then wccp would work.

One issue we have had with ipsec is the adjust-mss command is not
available on the 6500 until a later release.  I have not checked up if
it is in the latest SXF yet however.  Until it is, You will need to
clear the DF bit on all traffic exiting the tunnels which means more
cpu required to re-assemble on the remote side.