[c-nsp] Troubling IPSec issues with a 6500

Lars Fenneberg lf at elemental.net
Wed Sep 12 15:46:51 EDT 2007

Hi!

Quoting Pete S. (pshuleski at gmail.com):

> One issue we have had with ipsec is the adjust-mss command is not
> available on the 6500 until a later release.  I have not checked up if
> it is in the latest SXF yet however.  Until it is, You will need to
> clear the DF bit on all traffic exiting the tunnels which means more
> cpu required to re-assemble on the remote side.

	Support for TCP MSS adjustment is in 12.2(33)SXH according to the
	release notes. But there seems to be a bug related to TCP MSS
	adjustment, too: CSCek66294.

Cheers,
Lars.
--
Lars Fenneberg, lf at elemental.net (private), lf at mcs.de (work)
Work legalese: MCS Moorbek Computer Systeme GmbH, Hamburg, Handelsregister Hamburg B62933, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Kai Brandes, Eckard Kabel