[c-nsp] hardware load balancer?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Thu Sep 13 10:06:33 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007, Adam Greene wrote:

> F5 was mentioned most frequently in a positive way
> IOS SLB on 7200/6500 and Foundry were also mentioned positively and
> frequently

Depending on the 6500 hardware you're using you might find SLB
to be slightly temperamental.

I'm not sure whether it was just our local Cisco rep trying to have
us bust out the cheque book or not, but the feedback we got was
"IOS SLB on Supervisor 2 is a miracle and not really intended
for use." I'm not sure if any of my coworkers ever filed TAC
bugs when the 6500 would "forget" things and require a reboot.

Adrian