[c-nsp] Draft Rosen M-VPN

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Sep 15 14:08:15 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 13:52 -0400, Harold Ritter (hritter) wrote:
> Phil,
>
> Yes but only if this router is a route reflector.

Ah, of course.

> As far as I know, JUNOS does not support old-style nor MDT SAFI format,
> so ASM would be the only option for interoperability.

I don't have access to a box right now, but I was under the impression
it did; I remember having 2 J-series routers on the bench and finally
realising that MVPN with SSM in the P-space wasn't working because the
6500s were running 12.2SXF and they used the older RD-type-2.

It might be dependent on a later 8.x release number however. Or, my
memory could be completely faulty - I didn't after all verify it since
none of the Cisco boxes I had did MFT SAFI at the time either ;o)

> BTW, BGP MDT SAFI is supported in 12.2(33)SXH and 12.2(33)SRB but not
> SRA.

Cool, thanks for the info.