[c-nsp] mpls traffic-eng multicast-intact + forwarding-adjacency rpf failure

Anton Smith anton at huge.geek.nz
Tue Sep 18 08:57:25 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Am going through a bit of pain at the moment trying to get around TE
tunnels breaking RPF checks for multicast.

The common wisdom seems to be to use the "mpls traffic-eng
multicast-intact" command, however this only seems to work for TE
auto-route.

Is it reasonable to expect that this should work for
forwarding-adjacency also?

The documentation says that by using the multicast-intact command, that
it will not consider TE tunnels in the RPF check. It seems to me that
this should work for forwarding-adjacency as well as auto-route.

This is on 7600s running RSP720s (SRB).

Any hints?

I can provide more details on the design if necessary.

Regards,
Anton