[c-nsp] ASA 55x0 vs McAfee Intrushield Appliance

Kevin.X.White at corusgroup.com Kevin.X.White at corusgroup.com
Tue Sep 18 09:45:50 EDT 2007

As a McAfee IDS user with a 95% Cisco network, each time before I buy
another Intrushield I ask myself 'How good is the current ASA IDS box?'

McAfee sell themselves on the low ratio of false negative
detection/blocking even during the worst attacks and full wire speed, ASIC
based throughput with no CPU path for 'difficult' stuff.

What it doesn't have is a firewall (I use my current 2 to protect internal
segments)

Before I spend another 5KGBP (for 1-in, 1-out 100TX)  + 1KGBP support I
would welcome your experiences with the ASA IDS

Kevin White

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities