[c-nsp] 3750 Metro MPLS

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Tue Sep 18 10:43:09 EDT 2007

Sounds like you tried to configure tunnel keys or 2 tunnels with the same
source address. The 6500 requires that an interface be dedicated as a tunnel
source in order to be hw switched. The hardware also doesn't support tunnel
keys, which is required when you are configuring 2 tunnels between the same
devices using the same source/destination pairs.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/metro/me6500/122zu/sg/intro.
htm
The PFC3C does not provide hardware acceleration for tunnels configured with
the tunnel key command.

GRE Tunneling and IP in IP Tunneling-The PFC3C supports the following tunnel
commands:
tunnel destination
tunnel mode gre
tunnel mode ipip