[c-nsp] WS-C3750-48PS-E stackwise flap

William willay at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:45:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

We have a pair of WS-C3750-48PS-E's in a standard stackwise configuration.

Every so often on a daily basis we get the following msg in syslog:

%STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 2 has changed to state DOWN
%STACKMGR-6-STACK_LINK_CHANGE: Stack Port 1 Switch 2 has changed to state UP

At one point today it was happening every 2 minutes, then stopped and
would appear a few hours later.

We are running code 12.1(19)EA1c, which is abit dated but unable to
spot any bugs that relate to this.

Has anyone spotted this before? This is a remote site so I would like
to leave the visual check/reseat of the cables last. More importantly
no users are reporting an issue when these flaps happen.

Thank you for your time.