[c-nsp] 7507 IOS ver. recommendation: 12.0S or 12.2S or whatever?

rx at nikogo.net rx at nikogo.net
Fri Sep 21 07:50:45 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

Please, I need your advice. Which IOS ver. is mostly recommended for
7507 running mostly as an ethernet customer access router?

Our hardware configs are: 7507, dual RSP4 256D/32+F, VIP2-50s w/
PA-FE-TXs, old serials (FSIPs).

Our feature config is a standard provider package: lots ISL/dot1q
customer subintefaces, dCEF, BGP4, netflow ver. 5 , ACLs.

And a little bit of some service stuff that we can switch off if needed
for moving to the right image: NAT, GRE, NBAR, rate-limit,
traffic-shaper. So, we are IPv4 only, no IPv6, no MPLS, no non-IP stuff.

Today I noticed our cybuses are upto ~100mbps load, so dCEF is
definitely not working for us, that's the reason why we should switch
IOS version. Also, it turned out today our dCEF really suffer from
named-ACLs bug. Oh, yes.

Please, advise.

Thank you, indeed.

--