[c-nsp] Riverbed and WAAS in the path - will they clobber each other?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:48:49 EDT 2007

Hi Raymond,

It's complicated, politically (not technically). Essentially it's a
large enterprise environment and Riverbed has been deployed to a small
number of sites (< 5) as a pilot. There is now a requirement to deploy
WAAS to a small number of (different) sites.

Obviously though, at the head-end, both sets of optimisers must be in
place to deal with optimising traffic destined for the WAN and
de-optimising traffic coming from the WAN.

cheers,
Dale