[c-nsp] PIX 515E PPTP VPN Routing?

Lyndon Tiu ltiu at alumni.sfu.ca
Sat Sep 22 17:45:59 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I have a PIX 515E.

I setup the PIX as a PPTP VPN server accepting PPTP connections from the
outside. I have a Windows XP client on the outside connecting to the
internal network using the PIX as the PPTP server.

I followed instructions setting up the VPN and the Windows client is
able to connect to the PIX and obtain an ip from the ip pool.

Problem is, the Windows client is unable to do anything after this. It
cannot ping any other machines on the network.

I believe this is a routing issue. Can someone on this list confirm if
routing is something I have to do separate from the VPN configuration?

Ipconfig says that a default gateway is not assigned to the Windows
client by the PIX through the PPTP VPN. Route /print shows no routes
added by the PPTP. I do not see any PPTP VPN configuration that allows
me to setup routes.

--
Lyndon Tiu