[c-nsp] 3550 as a BGP Router

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Mon Sep 24 06:34:27 EDT 2007

Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Monday 24 September 2007 14:51, Łukasz Bromirski wrote:
>
>> So, if You stay within platform limits (SDM template),
>> everything should run in hardware.
>
> In our case, we'd be holding a handful of NLRI just for
> management (v4 and v6 loopback IP addresses [OSPFv2|3]) in
> the switches. No BGP.

The source of FIB information is not important. What's important is
number of unicast and multicast entries taken. Look here for example
in table 2-12:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_25_see/command/reference/cli2.html#wp3417591

--
"Confidence is what you have before you    |            Łukasz Bromirski
  understand the problem." -- Woody Allen   |        lukasz:bromirski,net