[c-nsp] CoPP crashing one of my lab routers

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Sep 25 01:23:37 EDT 2007

I loaded up a number of IOS releases tonight to see if I could tell when
the bug was introduced.  My test was to simply remove the service-policy
from the control-plane (which causes a bus error in 15T1).  9T, 9T5, 11T
and 11T3 worked fine.  The router crashed with 15T.  Apparently that's
when the bug was introduced.  I've given all this info to TAC.

This makes me wonder if anyone out there is using CoPP, at least on
12.4.  I would have expected someone else to come across this bug before
my lab implementation.  15T was released almost 3 months ago.  15T1 was
released 2 months ago.  Is anyone using out there using CoPP?  On 12.4T?
    Just checking.

Thanks
  Justin