[c-nsp] MIB Class-based-QoS

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Wed Sep 26 17:07:17 EDT 2007

The class based MIB is complex but can be walked and deciphered manually but
it takes a while and you've got to be pretty comfortable with MIBs.

Once you have the relevant OID and index you could create a dedicated MRTG
config. Which would be valid until the next reboot or policy change. (Can be
mitigated to an extent with the equiv command to ifindex persist).

To be honest its probably quicker to get Cacti up and running and use the
Cacti script - which allows point and click selection of the policy to
monitor than it is to do it manually for MRTG.

Install Cacti asap - you wont regret it.

Dean