[c-nsp] ddos attack makes c6509 cpu soared.

MontyRee chulmin2 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 02:13:19 EDT 2008

Hello all.

I have operated sup720 based c6509(DFC3 included) with time-based sampling netflow enabled.

Some days ago, there was a ddos attack against the server over 1Mpps,
then the cpu of the c6509 soared from 5 to 95.

As I know, sup720 based c6509 can do services upto 30Mpps,
but I can't understand why the cpu is high?

Is there any relations with netflow enabled config?
cisco website says that the flow number of netflow supports to 128,000.
Then, should I disable netflow when ddos attacked?

Thanks for your help..

Reagrds..