[c-nsp] Multicast tryout

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Tue Apr 1 05:16:03 EDT 2008

> I'm currently looking for some software which can help us test new
> Multicast configuration
> in our network. Is any free software which can send multicast stream
> (video,music,whatever)
> and some receiver/client software ? (best if Windows/Linux/Mac based)

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

"VLC media player is a highly portable *multimedia player* for various
audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as
well as *DVD*s, *VCD*s, and various *streaming* protocols. It can also
be used as a server to stream
<http://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html> in unicast or *multicast*
in IPv4 or *IPv6* on a high-bandwidth network. "

adam.