[c-nsp] NPE-G1 support for jumbo frames

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Tue Apr 1 08:34:53 EDT 2008

Jose schrieb:
> We have not been able to change the MTU for the PA-FE-TXs to anything
> larger than the standard 1500.  Every time you try and change it, it
> spits back an error about not being allowed on this interface.  This is
> with the 7206VXR NPE300 running 12.2(15)T.

We're running up to 1530 on a PA-FE-TX (NPE300/7206VXR with
12.2(31)SB) because of MPLS:

Slot 4:
         Fast-ethernet (TX-ISL) Port adapter, 1 port
         Port adapter is analyzed
         Port adapter insertion time 28w3d ago
         EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
         Hardware revision 1.0           Board revision A0
         Serial number     3579616       Part number    73-1688-03
         FRU Part Number:  PA-FE-TX

!
interface FastEthernet4/0
  mtu 1530