[c-nsp] OT : IPv6 - Will it hit like an "avalanch"?

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Wed Apr 2 09:29:13 EDT 2008

I want to set an appointment with you in, let's say 10 years from today and we can talk it over again…
Do you know how many of the IPv4 "allocated" addresses aren't actually in use and are only held at the LIRs and RIRs IP "storage basement" for future use?
This could happen in the future too, a single person can apply for a million IPv6 addresses and perhaps he will get them, because "there are som many, so what the heck, let him have 'em…"
We'll see, I hope I'm wrong…