[c-nsp] Is port channel between one switch and two other switches possible?

Peter Olsson pol at leissner.se
Wed Apr 2 11:04:05 EDT 2008

We have a 3750 stack that we want to connect to two different
2970 switches, for redundancy. Do we have to run this with
spanning tree, or is it possible to have one port channel
terminate in two different 2970 switches?
If it is possible, please email URL to configuration manual,
or the name of the concept so I know what to search for.

That particular 3750 stack will soon be replaced by a 7609 with
two switch blades, both WS-X6724-SFP, but I guess that makes no
difference to the port channel question.

The best answer is probably to replace the two 2970 switches with
another 3750 stack, but this is currently not in the budget.

Thanks!

Peter Olsson                    pol at leissner.se