[c-nsp] Cisco 2811 and WIC-1DSU-T1.

Doug McIntyre merlyn at Geeks.ORG
Fri Apr 4 00:38:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 04:38:53PM -0500, Justin Shore wrote:
> Support for the WIC-1DSU-T1 was added with 11.2(12)P for some platforms,
> 11.3(3)T for most others and 12 for all platforms consistently.  Support
> for the V2 version was added with 12.3(1) and 12.2(17) Mainline trains.
>   Support for the 2800 ISRs emerged with 12.3(8)T.
>
> That said you should have any trouble using that WIC with your 2811 on
> any 12.4 release.  What specific problem are you running into?  Also,
> and more importantly, are you confident that the WIC isn't counterfeit?

Cisco dropped support for several older WIC cards with the release
of the ISR routers. You have to check the hardware compatibility lists.
There are several other WICs that were dropped as well for the ISRs.

I can confirm that the 2811 does not work with the WIC-1DSU-T1 card in
any release of software. (they do work in the 2801 strangely enough,
but its not a supported configuration).

I believe the main reason for this (besides the fact that the
WIC-1DSU-T1 card was EOL'd before the ISR was released) is the rampant
piracy of this WIC, and this is an effort by Cisco to lessen some of that.