[c-nsp] Cat6500 - Support for MPLS and IPv6

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Apr 6 20:42:13 EDT 2008

On Sunday 06 April 2008, Stephen Fulton wrote:

> Yes, Gert has made an excellent point about Juniper.
> During the last year our Juniper SE has kept in contact
> regularly, despite the fact that we only have purchased
> two J-series routers.  I don't remember the last time I
> met with our Cisco rep, let alone a Cisco SE.  It's
> always conference calls from RTP.

I'd be able to give more feedback after we complete our
evaluation of the various vendors for an upcoming upgrade.

However, what I can say for now is that one of the most
compelling reasons we are attracted to Juniper is simply
because of the strength and flexibility of the JunOS
operating system. We think that is really what gives
Juniper the shine, along with its broad feature support.

The homogeneity of the operating system across the
M/T/J/MX/EX-series platforms, and the way code release is
managed, definitely does not hurt.

Cheers,

Mark.