[c-nsp] Cat6500 - Support for MPLS and IPv6

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sun Apr 6 00:51:57 EDT 2008

Yes, Gert has made an excellent point about Juniper.  During the last
year our Juniper SE has kept in contact regularly, despite the fact that
we only have purchased two J-series routers.  I don't remember the last
time I met with our Cisco rep, let alone a Cisco SE.  It's always
conference calls from RTP.

That said, Cisco had what Juniper did not during our last round of
upgrades, and honestly, if Juniper did have the L2 switching capability
we required, then Juniper may very well of won our business.  That's
changed now with their new switching gear.  Given time to prove the new
platform, they may very well win our next round.

And the behavior of the 6500/7600 BU's will play a large part when that
time comes.

-- Stephen