[c-nsp] BGP timers

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Apr 8 11:01:23 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:

> well, Fast Session Deactivation only helps you on
> non-directly connected eBGP sessions (i.e. multihop),
> possibly along with an IGP (or static routes with object
> tracking or something like this) to provide next-hop
> reachability, so it's not that useful on "standard"
> directly-connected eBGP sessions..

Not necessarily, if I understand this feature well enough.

A route map matching directly connected routes can be
referenced with this feature on a per-eBGP-neighbor basis:

router bgp 1234
 neighbor 1.1.1.1 remote-as 5678
 neighbor 1.1.1.1 fall-over route-map EBGP-CONNECTED

route-map EBGP-CONNECTED permit 10
 match source-protocol connected

Cheers,

Mark.