[c-nsp] changing from ospf to eigrp

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Apr 8 16:48:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 05:34:18PM +0100, Adam Armstrong wrote:
> How's V6 on EIGRP?

Never tried that.  When we rolled out IPv6, all that existed was OSPFv3
(actually, all there was was BGP and RIPng, but OSPFv3 came fairly soon),
so we've kind of stuck to that.

[..]
> We do ISIS for loopbacks/router links and BGP for all other prefixes.

Sounds like "use ISIS for loopbacks/router links and BGP for all other
prefixes for IPv6" to me :-)

> Sadly the ISIS does lock us out of using some hardware properly (like
> the 3750).

Yes, the wonders of Cisco BU decisions... (another BU than my usual source
of joy, but nonetheless not overly customer-oriented either).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de