[c-nsp] changing from ospf to eigrp

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 21:00:52 EDT 2008

Is EIGRP multiprotocol?
Yes, and no.

Cisco says yes mostly because ... well, just because it can route for IP,
IPv6, IPX, AppleTalk.
Some argue that point and insist that the fact that it runs as multiple
independent processes ("protocol depended modules") means it is closer to a
ships in the night approach than the term "multiprotocol" tag implies.  Also
- EIGRP for IPv6 is not supported by Catalyst devices as of today, IIRC.

/TJ