[c-nsp] changing from ospf to eigrp

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Mon Apr 7 12:34:18 EDT 2008

>> Also, if you ever want to buy a non-Cisco router for your network, you
>> can't since you now run EIGRP.
>>

> Which is a strong argument indeed.
>
> OTOH, EIGRP *is* a fairly nice protocol - easy to understand and debug,
> much nicer knobs to tweak for TE things ("make this link bad for *this*
> prefix only"), fairly fast convergence "out of the box", etc.

How's V6 on EIGRP? (I know little about EIGRP, does it need a new
version for V6 like OSPF? Does it exist?) Not having to dual IGP for V6
is one of the main plus points of ISIS imo.

We do ISIS for loopbacks/router links and BGP for all other prefixes.

Sadly the ISIS does lock us out of using some hardware properly (like
the 3750).

adam.