[c-nsp] Too many platforms?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Apr 9 07:50:58 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008, Tim Franklin wrote:
> On Wed, April 9, 2008 12:27 pm, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Its great for selling new products into existing markets.
>
> Or for losing existing markets to a vendor that isn't tearing itself apart
> with 'internal competition'.
>
> If I worked at Juniper, I'd be forwarding all the 'BU Wars' mails from
> this list to my colleagues as a morale booster, to my sales force as
> leads, and laughing myself stupid all the while...

I'd be more interested in sales data than mailing list posts. Remember, c-nsp
posters aren't representative of the 6500/7600 userbase and I'm willing to
reasonably bet that a large part of the current userbase doesn't care,
especially in larger enterprises.

The only data that matters here is general sales figures and customer feedback.
For all the complaining, people seem to be complaining bitterly about buggy
software, strange featureset migrations and crazy licencing whilst muttering
at the next sales purchase of the above. What message does that send? :)

(Off-topic!)

Adrian