[c-nsp] Too many platforms?

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Wed Apr 9 08:00:27 EDT 2008

I have a friend that works at Juniper, do you want me to forward this to him?

I think this Cisco<->Juniper competition is very similar to the long life Windows<->Linux, there are enough people out there that already migrated to Linux, some of them never used Windows at all, most of them will give you a million reasons to prefer Linux and explain how much stronger, robust, cheaper, easier to deploy, stable, etc Linux is, but still, the majority of the market is stuck with the old known controversial and self-competitive monster that releases products too soon, too fast, too buggy, etc. WHY???
I think all that is because the human nature makes us just too hard to let go, hard to accept radical changes.
I guess this is a question for an anthropology forum, not for here...

Ziv