[c-nsp] 6500 vs. 7600 revisited again

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Wed Apr 9 07:46:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 11:37:01AM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> It was also implied (bearing in mind I was talking to "a 6500 guy") that
> the push came more from the 7600 side of the fence.

This was publicly confirmed also from the 7600 BU folks. In fact,
they explicitly asked for the split and presented the business case
for it to the top management which gave them green light.

Since the number of 7600 chassis sold is approx 1/10-th of the 6500 ones,
7600 BU has less customers and thus needs to get more money from them.
Thus we're seeing no support for 6500 chassis, per-linecard IPv6/MLPS
licenses and the like stuff...

   With kind regards,

         M.