[c-nsp] Identifying BGP route flapping

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Apr 10 02:23:43 EDT 2008

At 04:12 PM 09-04-08 -0500, Frank Bulk wrote:

Not sure if this will help but we use:

router bgp xxx
  bgp log-neighbor-changes
and
snmp-server enable traps bgp

and in our IOS log we usually find things like:

Mar 17 15:03:06: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor xxx.139.217.2 Down BGP
Notification received
Mar 17 15:03:16: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor xxx.139.217.2 Up
which help us determine BGP peer flaps.

Regards,
Hank