[c-nsp] Identifying BGP route flapping

Ibrahim Abo Zaid ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 06:22:16 EDT 2008

Hi Frank

you can use SNMP Notiications inform message to monitor BGP neighbor flaps ,
below is sample configuration can be used for a secure communication between
BGP router and NMS

1-define RO community string for SNMP communication between router and NMS

snmp-server community XXXX ro 10
access-list 10 deny any

2-enable SNMP notifications
snmp-server enable traps

3- enable SNMP BGP Informs notifcations
snmp-server host A.B.C.D informs version 2 XXXX bgp

regarding BGP MIB , kindly find below Cisco link

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&mibName=BGP4-MIB

i hope that will solve ur problem :)

best regards
--Abo Zaid