[c-nsp] changing from ospf to eigrp

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Fri Apr 11 05:41:00 EDT 2008

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
>>> Sadly the ISIS does lock us out of using some hardware
>>> properly (like the 3750).
>>>
>> Yes, the wonders of Cisco BU decisions... (another BU than my
>> usual source of joy, but nonetheless not overly customer-
>> oriented either).
>>

> This is C-NSP, right? The 3750 is built for enterprises and, in
> my opinion, the DSBU is very customer-focused, when it comes to
> enterprise-requested features.

It may be built for enterprises, but that doesn't mean it's not very
useful for SPs too. They're quite nice low-budget layer 3 datacentre
aggregation devices if you don't need too many high-touch features.

I always assumed that the 3750/3560 didn't do IS-IS because Cisco didnt'
want to engineer CLNS support into the ASICs used in them?

Seems a bit odd to me, even more so that I guess in the next few years
we'll have significantly more people using IS-IS to make IPv6 nicer to
deal with?

adam.