[c-nsp] changing from ospf to eigrp

Leif Sawyer lsawyer at gci.com
Fri Apr 11 13:04:45 EDT 2008

sthaug at nethelp.no writes in reply to:
> Adam Armstrong whom wrote:
>> I always assumed that the 3750/3560 didn't do IS-IS because
>>Cisco didn't want to engineer CLNS support into the ASICs
>> used in them?
>
> The IS-IS support has nothing to do with the ASICs, both
> IS-IS and OSPF are done in software (the hardware just needs
> a suitable filter to punt the interesting packets to up to
> the processor).

Having just gone through an EIGRP->OSPF->IS-IS migration, I can
tell you that the 3750 has no problems with IS-IS.

But, and here's the kicker:  METRO version only.  Sigh.

c3750me-i5-mz.122-25.SEG3.bin   is the code train we're using.

there doesn't appear to be IPv6 suppport in this one, although
IOS navigator says that   c3750me-i5k91-mz.122-44.SE1.bin
has it.   Haven't had a chance to play with it yet.