[c-nsp] as-override

Gary Roberton gary.ciscomail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 05:25:16 EDT 2008

Peter

Thanks for your reply.  Why can't Cisco put it as simply as that.

I am only trying to replace the AS as the one being advertised by R1 is used
again by another part of the network.  i.e. R5 also uses the same AS
number.  I need my network to be advertised through to R5 and R5 would drop
the updates if it saw its own AS number inthe path, therefore I am trying to
find various options to 'hide' the AS of R1.  This was one of the potential
options but not now as it doesnt do what I want it to do.

Hope this makes sense.

Gary