[c-nsp] 7201 rack mounting

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Apr 23 13:19:15 EDT 2008

Not really on topic, but we just finished mounting three 6509-V-E
chassis; I know they come with some stub "shelves", but otherwise they
just hang in seven 4 mm long screws in each side. (It doesn't matter how
many rack mouting nuts you use, the panel you fasten to the rack is
fastened to the chassis with those seven screws.)

The chassis itself weighs in at just below 50 kg. Add a supervisor and
some heavy line cards and you're approaching my weight, and I'm not
exactly lean. Fourteen tiny screws... I wouldn't rest in a hammock
mounted in that way. :-)

Regards,
Peter