[c-nsp] Static Routing Question

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Apr 24 20:46:54 EDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Paul Stewart wrote:

> Without messing with Radius, what options do I have to inject these routes
> towards the endpoints when they are changing different devices all the time?
> This seems like such a simple question but I have yet to come up with an
> elegant solution ;)  I was thinking that somewhere in our core we could put
> the static routes in place?

I realize this probably isn't what you're looking for, but the cleanest
way to do this (that I'm aware of) would be to inject them from your
RAS or DSL aggregation devices using the Framed-Route attribute in RADIUS.

I worked at a regional ISP for many years and that is how we delivered
subnets to our PPPoE DSL customers.

jms