[c-nsp] MPLS MTU and Jumbo frames

Ibrahim Abo Zaid ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:26:21 EDT 2008

Hi Alaerte

yes , for 2950 the maximum transported frame size can't exceed 1530
(baby-giant frame) and that is applied for some 2950 running EI images and
LRE and 2955 serieses not for starndard image

for 3350 , both Fastethernet and Giga covers ur maximim of 1548

and for PE/P routers , i believe both series covers that size for Giga
interfaces and most IOS 12.4 trains and you can test it with interface
command mpls mtu which overrides interface physical MTU

best regards
--Abo Zaid