[c-nsp] 6500 not exporting layer 2 netflow data

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Tue Apr 29 13:33:19 EDT 2008

Welcome to the NDE mystery club.

NDE is very IOS version dependent, so make sure you read the specific
doc very carefully.

I believe you need to tell the L2 interface that you are running "vlan-
based" NDE since you have the L3 vlan configured with the "ip-route-
cache-flow".
I might note that in later versions of the IOS "ip-route-cache-flow"
has been replaced by "ip-flow-ingress" and in some versions in the
middle they support both.

Also since you have multiple L2 interfaces for a single L3 vlan, you
need the global command " ip flow layer2-switched vlan ###" command.

You will probably want to reduce the netflow cache timers to get the
flows exported without missing any.

Hope some of this helps but I might have missed something for your IOS.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University