[c-nsp] 2821 VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 clocking issue

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Apr 30 15:56:49 EDT 2008

Tony Varriale wrote:
> Please do a "show network-clock"
>
> I'm going to guess you show the backplane and that's it?

Correct.

Another poster gave me this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml

which doesn't seem to make sense as it only allows one channel-group and
in order to have two independent data links I need one channel-group for
each E-1, total two.

I'm remote from the device, my connectivity is via either of the two
links, so I obviously can't remove the channel-group via which I'm
connected, but even removing the other one doesn't allow the use of the
"independent" keyword.

Perhaps it is possible to, from the console, blow away both
channel-groups and then add the independent keyword to both.  But,
afterward will I be able to create a channel-group on each E-1?

Looks like I may need one of these boxes in the lab to test...

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net