[c-nsp] LDP Graceful restart

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Aug 3 19:05:03 EDT 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008 20:25:15 Monika M wrote:

>  Does the graceful restart feature for LDP works in a
> single route processor configuration? (similar to Routing
> protocols?)

We have seen it work as desired between multiple 7206-VXR
units (which are, by no means, hardware/distributed routing
platforms, but for all intents and purposes, have a single
control plane).

Here's some log output:

Jul 27 00:26:41.874 MYT: %LDP-5-GR: GR session
192.168.0.1:0 (inst. 13): interrupted--recovery pending

We have a couple of Junipers (M-series) that have LDP
configured for GR, but those have been stable so I have no
logs to offer :-).

Cheers,

Mark.