[c-nsp] Extending MPLS over external providers cloud

David Curran dcurran at nuvox.com
Tue Aug 5 09:23:07 EDT 2008

Is there an actual requirement to run LDP/MPLS over these tunnels or are you
simply looking to extend a VRF?  If its the latter, Multi-VRF CE (or
VRF-Lite, whatever) works very well.

> From: Aaron Daniels - Lists <lists at daniels.id.au>
> Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:44:40 +1000
> To: <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>
> Subject: [c-nsp] Extending MPLS over external providers cloud
>
> Hello Guru's
>
> Our organisation runs a MPLS core (basic, MPLS VPN's), but also has some
> smaller low bandwidth sites connected using DSL via an ISP. This external
> VRF terminates within a single VRF of ours.
> We are now looking at extending several of our VRF's to these remote DSL
> sites, so as far as I see it, we can either put LDP over a tunnel, or each
> vrf over a separate tunnel.
> At first glance I was thinking about LDP over DMVPN, which I will lab up
> over the next few days.
>
> Has anyone done something like this before? What methods have been tried and
> tested, etc, etc.
> All feedback welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron Daniels

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of confidentiality and/or a privilege.