[c-nsp] Extending MPLS over external providers cloud

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Tue Aug 5 08:53:28 EDT 2008

LDP over point to point GRE is the most common way.

Be careful with the MTU needed on the transport links because
you are adding another 24 bytes of GRE overhead on top of the
label stack. So if the transport is only 1500 bytes you will
have issues.

As for MPLSoDMVPN I've seen some discussions about it but haven't
ever put it in the lab or seen it in production.

Rodney