[c-nsp] Crash bug in SXH3

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Aug 12 07:49:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 04:39:42PM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> Hank Nussbacher wrote:

>>> Nice. TAC case has been open 4 days now, and I've had no reply.
>>
>> I have found cisco-nsp far more useful than TAC.  Only 1 out of every 3
>> TAC cases do I get value for my money.  Otherwise it is either "not my
>> job, man", or "working as designed", etc.
>
> They've not been quite that bad with me.
>
> Typically I get the response: """This is CSCsuch-and-such it'll be fixed
> in the next release""". This normally happens quite quickly.

	You can have them put the case in a state called
SW-RELEASE-PEND.

	This will indiciate that your issue is not resolved
as the software is not available for you to run.

	Keep it open for a few months, perhaps if TAC has enough open
cases in this state, they'll actually ask release ops to build
something.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net