[c-nsp] Verizon TLS

list-cisco-nsp at pwns.ms list-cisco-nsp at pwns.ms
Fri Aug 15 23:37:03 EDT 2008

>        Servers

> 7206VXR ---------TLS-------- 2651XM ------- Public switch -------
> Firewall ------- LAN
>
> CPE config:
>
> interface FastEthernet0/0
> desc TLS side
> no ip address
> speed 100
> full-duplex
> !
> interface FastEthernet0/0.xxx
> encapsulation dot1Q xxx
> ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.252
> (rate limit to 10M)
> no cdp enable
[snip]
> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1

Your diagram and config conflict with each other; according to the config, you're routing to the TLS *through* the switch. According to the diagram, the 2651XM is directly connected to the TLS, and is directly connected to the switch.

My guess is that the switch leaks traffic between VLANs. The easiest workaround is probably just to connect the 2651XM directly to the TLS.  They didn't have the problem with the T1s since they weren't going through the switch.